Li-Fi light reliability is similar to Wi-Fi technology and it is one of the future wireless communication technologies. The main feature of this technology includes fully networked, bidirectional and high-speed wireless.
For finding better speed, efficiency, bandwidth, Li-Fi technology has evolved. The range of data transmission in L-Fi is faster 100 times than Wi-Fi.
Li-Fi invented by the German physicist and professor Harald Haas is a wireless technology that makes use of visible light in place of radio waves to transmit data at terabits per second speeds—more than 100 times the speed of Wi-Fi
How does it work?
Li-Fi is a Visible Light Communications (VLC) system. This means that it accommodates a photo-detector to receive light signals and a signal processing element to convert the data into ‘stream-able’ content. Unlike Wi-Fi, which uses radio waves, Li-Fi runs on visible light. Here, data is fed into an LED light bulb (with signal processing technology), it then sends data (embedded in its beam) at rapid speeds to the photo-detector (photodiode). The tiny changes in the rapid dimming of LED bulbs are then converted by the ‘receiver’ into an electrical signal. The signal is then converted back into a binary data stream that the user would recognize as web, video and audio applications that run on internet enables devices.
Here, data is fed into an LED light bulb (with signal processing technology), it then sends data (embedded in its beam) at rapid speeds to the photo-detector (photodiode). The tiny changes in the rapid dimming of LED bulbs are then converted by the ‘receiver’ into an electrical signal. The signal is then converted back into a binary data stream that the user would recognize as web, video and audio applications that run on internet enables devices.
An LED lightbulb is a semi-conductor light source meaning that the constant current of electricity supplied to an LED lightbulb can be dipped and dimmed, up and down at extremely high speeds, without being visible to the human eye.
Let see the Advantages and Disadvantages of LiFi
|1. Li-Fi could make a huge impact on the internet of things too, with data transferred at much higher levels with even more devices able to connect to one another.|
2. Availability: Wherever there is a light source, there can be the Internet. Light bulbs are present everywhere in homes, offices, shops, malls, and even planes, meaning that high-speed data transmission could be available everywhere.
3. Security: One main advantage of Li-Fi is security. Since light cannot pass through opaque structures, Li-Fi Internet is available only to the users within a room and cannot be breached by users in other rooms or buildings.
4. Since it does not pollute, it can be called a green technology for device-to-device communication in the Internet of Things (IoT).
|1. The Internet cannot be used without a light source. This could limit the locations and situations in which Li-Fi could be used. |
2. Because it uses visible light, and light cannot penetrate walls, the signal’s range is limited by physical barriers.
3. Other sources of light may interfere with the signal. One of the biggest potential drawbacks is the interception of signals outdoors. Sunlight will interfere with the signals, resulting in the interrupted Internet.
4. A whole new infrastructure for Li-Fi would need to be constructed.
TECHIECHIEF is a budding IT Solutions and Consultancy Company that specializes in giving shape to your niche ideas. As per the requirements and budget of our clients, we create a practical and scalable technological solution that spans their current as well as future needs.
Although, TECHIECHIEF is newly formulated yet our team has a combined experience of more than a decade in the technology industry. From hardware to software, virtualization, cloud, security, network, and infrastructure management, we offer a host of integrated as well as stand-alone solutions that enable our clients to focus on what they are best in – running their business; without having technical worries. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all. Therefore, we first understand your requirements and then propose a solution that is optimal for your unique business environment. With our technical prowess, creativity, and experience, we have been able to deliver results as per and sometimes beyond the expectations of our clients.